Welcome to the 1st Friday in June on the blog. You know what that means right? It is time for a brand new blog challenge.
First, we have the gift certificate winner and our top 3 projects to announce from Friday Challenge 63 - "Things with Wings!"
Thank you for playing along and sharing your inspiration with us! As always your projects were so creative and fabulous, we just love to see what you create!
Congratulations and Happy Shopping to our randomly selected
$25 Gift Certificate winner*:
"Top 3 Challenge Winners"
(They win a Top 3 Challenge Winner Badge to display on their blog)
They win a Top 3 badge to display on their blog!
Congratulations to the Winners!!!
Please email Rhonda (dot) quickquotes (at) gmail (dot) com
within 7 days for your prize or Top 3 Badge.
- Start with an empty Pringles can and then wrap it in the paper of your choosing
- The area is about 9.5" long.
- Attach the paper and start rolling it onto the canister
- Before you completely attach the paper, make sure you cut a hole for the cord to run through.
- I used a cord/bulb from one of my holiday decorations.
- When you are done, you can then add any other paper for accents, I chose a strip and then a piece of adhesive ribbon.
- Finally make your lamp shade out of paper and make sure that your bulb is fully covered, this will take some trial and error.
- Cut your canister lid to accommodate the bulb and hold it in place.
- Attach the bulb.
- Cover with the shade and now you have a fully functional, cute, and upcycled "Pringles" lamp.
- I made the base by stacking a bunch of die cut circles and then stapling them, you could also glue them if you choose.
- I covered the bottom with brown craft foam so the sharp edges of the staples would be covered and then I glued that to the bottom of the lamp.
Quick Quotes Products Used:
Whistlin' Dixie - 105, 106
49 Shades of Grey - 105
Thanks for stopping over!
- This month's challenge theme is "Upcycling".
- Create a tag OR create a card, a layout or an off the page project and include an "Upcycled" item in your design - be creative!
- You can create any kind of project, just follow the challenge criteria above.
- Of course we would LOVE to see Quick Quotes products used on your project, but it's not a requirement to play.
- You may use any products to participate in the challenge.
- No back posting allowed, projects must be newly created for this challenge.
- One (1) entry per person, per challenge please.
We can't wait to see what you create this month!
Challenge begins today and is open until 11:55 pm PST on 6/25.
The 'Top 3,' as chosen by our Design Team, will have bragging rights with a 'Top 3 Fave' button to display on their own blogs. Everyone who participates will be entered to win the prize for this challenge.
Prize = $25 gift certificate* to shop in The Quick Quotes Online Store!
Use the InLinkz button at the bottom of this post to link up your project!
- Don't have a blog? You can also link to a photo in a gallery like Photobucket or scrapbook.com.
- InLinkz will ask you for the direct link to your project, not just your blog address.
- Click on your projects specific url and copy/paste it to link up.
(*QQ Prize Disclaimer: Prize contest open to US residents only. If you live outside the US and want to play, you are responsible for any shipping costs for prizes won. The $25 gift certificate excludes shipping costs.)